Why do people answer questions anonymously?

I personally do not value anthing anyone says when they are anonymous because it's usually rude or just way out in left field... Kind of makes me wonder why they bother answering questions?

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 10:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• My thought is that they know that there answer is either rude, opinionated or just inconsiderate. Why give advice if you are not woman enough to back it?
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think it's foolish to not bother with any anons answer just because they are anon. Not everyone is comfortable sharing all of who they are, but can share something very personal that might help someone, and feel more comfortable. Not everyone wants to openly share that their hubby cheated on them so some mean person could rub it in their face later on another post.What if it was the answer you needed? Not all anons are rude, and I know plenty of screennames that have been just as nasty. I say take the information for what it is and don't consider the source. I think people focus too much on anon. It goes both ways. So take me as a nice anon, just saying.... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We are basicly anon. I have answered anon a couple of times. It was because some on this site cannot accept what they believe. They will respond with a bash rather than reasoning. Some are even vengeful. It is sad but true.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You'll notice that a lot of those that answer anon. do so with a very controversial answer that they know is going to stir up trouble and drama and they don't want the harassment spilling over into their PM box.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ^That.

And I agree with you. I DON'T post ANON.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Maybe people can get more personal under anon.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Not every anon answer is rude or out of left field. Some people answer and post anon because they're embarrased, have friends/family who use this site and can't answer honestly otherwise, or just don't like blasting their laundry out for everyone to see. It doesn't matter either way .. Like if you don't appriciate anon answers then ignore them. What I don't understand is why people keep posting post after post about the anon button. Let it go already, seriously.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I answer anonymous because my husband has access to this sight and i do not want him reading my post.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• lol the private messege thing is an interesting way to look at it.. It's just so annoying when I really want people's opinions and someone messes up the whole thing by posting something rude or out of line.
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• They answer anon because they are afraid that they will be judge by the answer that they put or question that they ask. Personally I love this website this is the place that I can go to just let it all out. Nowadays you cant even speak with the ppl in ur everyday life because they are so judgemental.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010