Ladies with PCOS?

I was curious to see if there are any ladies on here who have Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome or know of someone who does? And if so, what have you/they done for it? (Besides having surgery and taking OTC pills that is.) Any recommended books?

Cenchan

Asked by Cenchan at 10:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• Never been medicated; not an option for me. I changed my diet to low-carb - cut out all the white stuff - bread, pasta, rice, crackers, sugar - increased my protein intake. Lost weight for the first time in my life without trying, periods became regular for the first time ever. Not sure how severe my case was but everything improved when I changed my diet. Family members still dealing with it too but they will be seeking alternative treatments since they do not like going the mediation route either.
    Anonymous

• I had a friend who had them.She haqd them removed.My grammy had Polycystic kidneys.I believe those are hereditary.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Anon - Thank you! I'm not wanting to take pills/meds either (I'm pretty sure BC pushed my body over the edge to really make my condition spiral out of control) I've reserved some lo-carb, lo-GI, and Insulin Resistant cookbooks from the library and I'm really hoping it'll work for me too. Just getting the hubby to go along with it too... mmm...

Thank you both for your replies. Any more comments are greatly welcomed!
    Cenchan

Comment by Cenchan (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010