What is the best and tastiest way to cook a salmon fillet?

My dad gave me a nice size salmon fillet, but I'm not sure exactly how to prepare it any suggestions?

Thanks ladies!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 11:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can broil it, grill it, bake it or pan seer it.

My FAVORITE way is to make a little sauce with;

1 tblsp mustard
    1/2 cup worcheshire sauce
    1-2 tbslp honey (more if you want it sweeter)
    1 stick butter

mix the sauce up in a sauce pan until the butter is all melted. Put salmon in a small casserole dish, or a small shallow pan. You can also make a "boat" with tin foil, i have done this plenty of times. pour the sauce all over the salmon & let cook in a 400 degree oven until it's done (20 min). You'll know it's done when you can flake it with a fork. If you want to do this on a grill, you can...just make the tin foil boat & put in right on the grill. no need to "flip" it. If you cover it, it will add a smokey flavor.

I go salmon fishing every year in WA state at Sekiu. This is everyone's favorite who joins me. Nothing like fresh salmon that was just swimming hours earlier! We do this on the grill out there...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Dry coat it in spices and pan sear it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Season and put a coat of mayonaise on one side and grill or broil your choice.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I take an season it with Chef Paul Prudhommes seafood magic, you can get it at any grocery store then i take a lemon and cut it into thin slices and lay them on top while it's cooking and squirt the rest of the lemon juice on top. Cover with foil and bake as the directions say. It always turns out amazing!
    nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I smoke mine on a cedar plank in my grill. Then, serve it with sour cream that has fresh dill weed chopped into it. Oh, and lemons on the side. I serve asparagus and a nice tossed salad with crackers along with the salmon.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• All of these ladies are pretty fancy! I just put a few spices on mine (usually whatever smells good that night...basil, oregano, paprika, etc) and then I put in on a broiler pan so that the fat drips off into the pan bellow it, then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or so. You'll know its done when it flakes off with a fork.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2010