Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Money and Marriage.

a few years ago my husband and I use to have a gambling problem. We have learned to stay away from the casinos and it has been a struggle but we managed. I am a working mom and he is a SAHD who cares for our two disabled children. He has become so distant from me, he does not even show any affection. I believe affection is important to keep the relationship strong. anyway, thats another topic. He finally confessed that he blames me for our financial hardship and feels recentment and is angry at me. and this is why is is distant and can not be close to me. I presented the bills -vs- income and it made it worse because he can not accept this lifestyle. he wants more for him and the kids. i do too but i am content with my life. I love my husband and kids and do not need to be rich to be happy. Any advice on how to save my marriage.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • If he resents you perhaps you can look into a qualified nanny for the kids and he can re-join the work force, even if only part time

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • If he feels that strongly then suggest that he start an online business or find a position online. That way he will feel he is involved and is contributing. His answer sounds like he feels unimportant in his role as a man. You know some have very big egos and most were raised that they are not a man unless they fill that role as the bread winner. Good luck

    Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • if he wants more money tell him to get a night job. Also that might be good for him to get away a few hours away from home. Being at home 24/7 is very hard for some men.

    Answer by gammie at 11:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • my hubby and i have disabled children too but we do not have any family that will babysit and my husband is too cheap to hire a nanny.

    Answer by alejandra559 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • How old are your children? Do you have any help with their care? Can he get a position to help with the money situation? What does he see as the solution?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 11:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • If he wants more income then he can get a job in the evening that works around your schedule. He can't just complain - he needs to be proactive.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Why doesn't he just get a job? There are child care providers that specialize in disabled children.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • oops.I type to fast.........Also that might be good for him to get away for a few hours.

    Answer by gammie at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Maybe he needs to work? That would boost his self-esteem and give you more money!

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.