fun ideas for 15 month old, it's getting too cold to play outside..

what are some crafts or fun things I can do with my DD?
I'd love to try finger painting, but I worry she'll try eating the paint lol
Any other fun suggestions?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 11:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get a big box and make a playhouse. She can help you decorate it with washable markers. You can also just build a tent with sheets and furniture; get her a flashlight and go inside the tent with her to read a story or have a picnic meal or snack.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• fingerpainting is a good idea and she will try to eat the paint, just be sure to buy like the crayola non toxic stuff and it won't hurt her. Like anything else you just have to teach her 'that doesn't go in the mouth'.
    There are lots of things to do inside. Painting, reading, watch a movie together, have a picnic...if you get too bored, bundle up and take a walk then come home for some hot cocoa!
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 1:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• here is a recipe for edible finger paint:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/71517/edible-finger-paints.html

you could paint pumpkins as well (although I would use a paint brush and non-toxic paints to avoid bugs)

dance videos (for kids) are great for you and her to get exercise, or playing cames to learn colors and shapes, numbers and letters (lots of ideas on nickjr's parents connect website for those).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• and you can still bundle her up, rack up some leafs and jump in them and have a little fun outdoors for those few still sunny, semi warm days.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• don't be afraid to check out local harvest/pumpkin festivals in your area either.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010