how do i get my son to go number 2 in the potty?

my son has peeing in the pot down. its just he went poop once in the potty but after that he wont go again. any ideas on how to get him to go?

kolebby

Asked by kolebby at 11:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I struggled on this with my son. Then we discovered a potty book he loves..."Everyone Poops". It talks about just that; animals poop, kids poop, grownups poop, etc. I told my son he could only read the book while on the potty. So I took him to the potty seat after meals and would read the book to him. After a little while, the "power of suggestion" worked! Talking about poop while on the potty helped him make the connection. Try that book... it helped us. Good luck!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks..i will..
    kolebby

Comment by kolebby (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i'm having the same problem. i have found what works best for us is having him run naked. i think he looked at underwear as a place that would catch the poo and it didnt bother him much. but pooping on the floor he doesnt like. he also now likes to shut the bathroom door and go alone. the only problem with the no underwear, is now he wants to pee in everything! yesterday he took out a pan and peed in it! lol, i can laugh now, not so funny then!
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010