When should you start having your baby sleep in a crib

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 9:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• can be anywhere from birth on.

if you cosleep, you don't even have to use a crib if you don't want to.

bassinets are for up to 4 months. once they can roll over, or sit up, or reach the weight limit for your model.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• When both you and your baby are ready. Some people start their babies out in cribs (and never use a bassinett). I don't know if I am helping at all but I would say to use your own judgement on this one.
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I just started putting my son in his crib two nights ago, and he is three and a half months old. He slept in the bassinet next to my bed before then.
    carrieelmo

Answer by carrieelmo at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• For both my kids they slept in a bassinett in our room til 6 weeks then we moved them into their rooms
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Every baby is different so you can't rely on others advice. I personally believe the cry it out method of sleep training is cruel. When you consider cultures other than the US, babies are with their mommies all the time. So if your little one seems attached to you, it is perfectly normal. Other babies have no problem sleeping alone in a crib.
    happysplaygroun

Answer by happysplaygroun at 11:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• DD slept in a bassinet until she was 4 months old beside the bed. Then I moved her to a crib in our bedroom. Then at 8 months (she started sitting up on her own) I put her in crib in her own room. But really it is what you are personally okay with. Only you know what is truly right for your baby.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my son started in his crib at4-5 weeks,. and from that point on he has slept thru the night.. what a total blessing that is.. babies get used to their own space.. granted for his naps, my son loves to sleep on his blanket on the floor in the living room... he only thinks his crib is for night time only... who am i to argue.. i pass out on the couch, and he's right there by me..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Thank You all for your answers they are such a great help!!!!
    NicolePB

Answer by NicolePB at 1:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2008