Any potty training tips or tricks for strong willed child who doesn't want to use the potty?

My daughter is very much aware of how to use the potty. If I sit her on it once an hour or so she will usually go. This has been the case for months and months. However, she will never initiate it on her own. She will just go in her pants if she needs to go. We have tried everything. Stickers, treats, showing her other kids who go, etc. We even have stopped using diapers all together and just put vinyl covers over her underwear and clean her in the shower everytime she wets herself. Nothing works. I realize that there is really nothing I can do until she decides this is something that she wants to do. I was just wondering if anyone with experience in this had any cool tips or tricks to share that worked for them? Thank you so much.

AliMom714

Asked by AliMom714 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw some Cheerios in there and tell her to make them sink to the bottom of the toilet.......and though they WONT sink....give her a treat for trying!!

Hopefully some one else will have a better tip or two!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the cheerio tip, but my problem is not getting her to pee in the toilet. It is getting her to tell us when she has to go...
    AliMom714

Comment by AliMom714 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ummmm....wait until she's ready...she'll let you know. my dd is hard headed beyond all get out...we tried and tried numerous times to potty train, and nothing happened....and then just about a week ago, she comes to me and says she needs to peepee...no diapers, and no accidents since day 1...again, she'll let you know when she's ready...suffer through diapers a little longer :)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010