Making time for each kid?

I have 3 kids and it seems like there is never enough hours in my day to spend individual time with them I feel aweful about it. Does anyone else have this problem?

nicolew_83

Asked by nicolew_83 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have two daughters.. I usually spend time with them together.. but we do fun girly stuff... paint nails, make bracelets..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think individual kid time is important but it is hard to do every day! I just do my best to make sure that each child gets 'just me and mommy' time once a week... sure everyday would be better but life is busy so we do what we can
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It's Mommy guilt, and it's normal. I don't get as much one on one time with my kids as I would like, but I do try to make a point to squeeze some in from time to time. Sometimes I take one to the store and leave the other two at home with Daddy, sometimes I take off a day or half-day from work to spend a little time with just one of my kids, and sometimes I spend a few minutes with whoever stays awake longer or gets up first in the morning. I also bathe the little ones separately sometimes so I can talk and sing with them while they take a bath. I think it's those little moments that matter...you don't have to spend huge amounts of one on one time to have special bonding experiences.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i have 3 kids as well and individual time is rare around here although i know it's important. my oldest goes to school now so i have more time with the other two, and when the baby is napping i do spend some time alone with my middle. once or twice a month my mom will come over so i can take my oldest out to lunch or somewhere fun, just the two of us. we have eachother and do things together here at home and so far, i havent received a complaint from any of them =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have 5 kids and I don't worry about it.  When the kids want my attention they come to me.  They don't need me to spend 1 on 1 time with them every day.  We have separate lives.  They spend their days at school or playing outside with their friends and I spend my day doing whatever it is I need doing.

Just like when I was a kid.  I don't remember my mom making special time just for me or my brother.  If we needed her attention we went to her otherwise we did our own things and it worked just fine.  I never felt neglected growing up.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i usually just tear one away when they're all playing, each kid, one at a time. they get a few minutes of mom time, & i tell them i love them, give hugs & kisses, & let them know how much i appreciate their good behavior.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I will soon hae 5, ad me and hubby do well with this! Fortunatly they are close in age, so we can do group activities and still hae a great time, and focus on each child! GL!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i have that same prob. i have 3 kids all close together, my mom takes one of my kids every fri night to spend time with them and me and hubby seperate the other 2... we try to do something fun...
    Sarah26

Answer by Sarah26 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011