to the young moms when did you know ?

Im currently 19 years old and 5 1/2 months pregnant not in school due to a FASFA deadline at the moment looking for work although recently stopped due to im getting further along and im starting to show . I know this may seem like a stupid question ( but for my own sanity i drive myself crazy with thoughts like this that run through my head) Did anyone went to college and continued right after baby ? did you wait ? how long after? I'd just like to see what other young moms did :) thank you

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not young anymore, but I was a young mom going to college when I got pregnant with my first baby. Unfortunately I did not go back until 5 years ago at the age of 34. Family life and more kids became my life and I told myself I didn't have time. I was wrong, going back is something you should really consider seriously. There are so many resources out there for young moms going to college, you just have to look. Good luck to you and remember, kids should always come first but don't forget you in the process. Sometimes doing things for ourselves is, in a way, putting our children first.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I started as a pretty young mom (I met my husband at 18 and he had an 8 month old son whose mother left them) and I am just now getting ready to go back to school...I didn't for a while because I thought that making money was more important...but now with two almost three kids (due in february) I am realizing that I can be a better mom by getting college under my belt and through that getting a better job in a field that makes me happy I am 24 1/2 now and had I just bit the bullet and gone back then I would be finished now instead I am jus getting started I think you should go to school as soon as you can! you can go online or nights if you need to but if it is something you want in your life get it done now instead of waiting...you'll be finished a whole lot sooner! good luck to you and your soon to be!
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I got pregnant during my second year at college and I didn't go back. We don't need any extra income and I don't plan to go back to work until our boys are grown (if ever). I have started my own small business just for the fun of it, though!

If you know what you want to do and have a goal... then do it. If you're not sure yet, maybe take a little time to work it out. I know I didn't really know what direction I would have wanted to go in until the last few years (I'm 26).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I got pregnant with my first son when I was 17. I graduated high school, while working full time. And after graduation I went to college full time and worked as a fast food manager until I had my child and once I was released back to work I continued working full time and cut back on school a little bit so I had more time with my new baby.
    DBabyMomma

Answer by DBabyMomma at 12:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think you should go and finish college asap when you have your baby
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think you should go back to college asap after you have the baby :) Nowadays, You cant find a decent job without a degree in something:)
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I didnt but one of my classmates went to class up until her due date and then came right back to class a week later. She worked it with her professors so that she could bring her newborn to class with her.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 11:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• When my sister had my nephew, she was 35, working full time and in graduate school. The grad program met every other weekend, and was about a 75 mile drive (each way). She had a c-section, and missed one weekend of class.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010