how to.........

get out stains from microfiber couches?? will it matter if the stains have been there for awhile?

MrsV.

Asked by MrsV. at 11:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Time matters. So go at as soon as possible. It makes a difference what the stain is. I have used carpet stain remover successful. I have also used oxigon successfully. The real problem I find is that if you scrub too hard it seems to make the fabric smooth than it changes color and texture. The under fabric is brought to the top and the part that makes it microfiber is gone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I use the steam cleaner on mine for most stains but as pp said it really depends on the stain. My dd wrote on our tan couch with an ink pen and the steam cleaner did not work...I researched and found to use aerosol hairspray and a dry paper towel...couldnt believe it but it worked like a charm...I had to steam clean the hairspray out afterward but it was worth not having blue ink on my couch
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i dont know but try it in a search and gl!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've only ever used a mild liquid dish detergent and old terry cloth rag soaked in hot water....works wonderfully!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010