Work

I haven't worked in several years because I've been focusing on completing my degree program. I took a year off to have my son, so it is taking a bit longer than I planned. Other than going to school, I was raising my son full time, before I got a job several weeks ago. My boyfriend, who is also my son's father, has a 3 day weekend off from work, and I have to work 2 of those days. He told me he wasn't used to that, because I haven't had a job in years (I worked at a place for a few weeks a few years ago, but nothing long term), and he was used to me being available. Though I'm going to miss him while I'm working, I think it will be good for the relationship that now he has a chance to miss me, and see what it feels like to be on the other side. He's employed too, but I mean in terms of not seeing me on his days off. What do you ladies think? Do you agree?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, completely. =) You need to have something that you can call your own and do some contributing. You'll feel better about yourself. And he totally needs to know how it feels to be at home all day with the baby and you working all day. You both will have a new appreication for one another. =) Given the chance to miss one another is awesome. It can do wonders =) Good luck!
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks for your positive comment!
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I totally agree. I think it is great that he has the chance to miss you, (and you to miss him).. I think it will make the relationship better, he will appreciate you more when he does spend time with you. I just recently left my husband for a little while, might be two months before we are together again and he tells me that he misses me and that when he gets home he thinks the baby and I will be home and we are not, and that it feels absolutely weird, so when we go back I am sure that (at least for the first week) he is going to appreciate always having me home when he gets home from work. JeJeje.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010