I want to date, but don't want to bring strange men around my daughter,what should I do?

I was molested as a child, I want to date but I don't want to expose my daughter to any men. I'm over protective a bit but i can't help myself, I don't want her to go through the things that I did. I don't do bars either. Any suggestions?

beckybuck

Asked by beckybuck at 12:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Well first off she doesn't need to be around anyone at this point.... You are doing the right thing, and if you're wanting a date night maybe ask a close family member to watch your child while you're out...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I feel the same way. Just don't bring them around. There are plenty of things to do which don't include going to the bars. You could find activities to do with your date and be sure you have a sitter. That's what I do. My son goes to his fathers house for the weekend and i'll do any 'dating' that I want to do during that time. It keeps things at a nice pace because you can't spend all of your time together because you have obligations as a parent and if the 'dater' doesn't understand that tell em to go kick rocks ;)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Leave her with a sitter and go to meet your date in a neutral location.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Are you asking where to find men, or what to do once you found one you want to date? If you don't do bars, you could either join some groups for things you enjoy (whether that's co-ed football or yoga, whatever), or maybe even try online dating. As far as your daughter goes, I think it's smart not to have random strange guys around, so I'd keep her separate until you're actually in a relationship. Find a babysitter when you go on dates, don't bring the men back to your house until you feel you can trust them...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Don't bring anyone around her until you are absolutely sure it's okay. I was a single mom and I didn't bring men around until I was absolutely sure. As far as where to meet and not bars, try church or other places people meet. Tell family and friends maybe they know other singles looking.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks for all the advice I haven't dated in 14 years it is kinda scarry
    beckybuck

Comment by beckybuck (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010