This question is for parents who have 3 or more kids. What kind of car do you own for your large family?

Me and my husband are expecting our third and we are a one car family, so we need a vehicle that can fit three car seats. Just trying to get some ideas.

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have 3 car seats in our 1996 dodge caravan. any minivan would do if you want to be a minivan driving mom.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We have a mini van.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have five kids, and we have a Ford Explorer. We have three rows of seats. My twins that are in pumpkin seats sit in the second row. My other three are in booster seats. Two sit in the back row and one sits in the second row with the twins. I can't wait to get a minivan!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We have a Suburban. Three rows, you can fit 3 car seats and still have the third row if you need it.
    lovealynn

Answer by lovealynn at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had a minivan and decided I hated it so, when I had our fifth baby hubby let me get an Expedition. I love it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We had a mini van when our older 3 kids were babies.  Now we have 5 kids and an F-150 super crew.  It only seats 6, though, so we rarely go anywhere since the two girls (8 and 10) have to share a seat until we can afford to buy a bigger vehicle.

It worked fine until the last one was born.  It easily seats 3 in carseats across the back seat.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i have a chrysler concord, 1993, it seats 5, & it works fine for my 4 kids until we can get a van.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• we have 5 kids we have a cheverlet trailblazer with 3 row that holds 7. But we are currently expecting so we are going into a cheverlet surburban that holds 8.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 2:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We will soon have 5 kids, and we are buyng a Dodge Grand Caravn Sport in Feburary ( our old one wasnt worth fixing) LOL an we get it fully loaded, because as military we PCS (move) often and 2 day trips are much easier with a DVD player, and extra space for games/ eating etc. BUT we plan to have more, and we will soon need to look into a full sized van or a 12 passenger SUV
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010