• In the Spotlight:

HELPPPPPP

I have a 3 year old and she is my shadow LITERALLY! I dont know what has happened but she will not sleep with daddy anymore she will not go anywhere without me and LITERALLY follows me all over the house! I love her but DAMNNN I dont know what happen and why she is sooo attached to me... Any ideas on why this has started and what I can do to give myself some privacy and a break????????????

motherofpearl3

Asked by motherofpearl3 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Normal. Natural. Won't last. NO mom has passed those ages without a shadow that even goes to the bathroom with them or at least stands at the door and pokes their fingers under and asks what you are doing and when are you going to be done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• even being in the same house with her she has to be in the same room as me and will not leave me.. If I go to the stare without her witch I do not do anymore because of this she will almost have a n anxiety attack... :(
    motherofpearl3

Comment by motherofpearl3 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I do not understand why you put the statement in that she will not sleep with daddy anymore. Why was she sleeping with daddy? I do not know why this is happening. But that statement makes me wonder if you do not have some suspcions and do not want to be the person to say it outloud. Think about this.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yep, it happens. My son did it. EVERY kid I know did it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• LOL IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING!!! I CANT EVEN TAKE A SHOWER WITH OUT HER IM DEALING WITH IT WITH THE THOUGHT OF WHEN SHE TURNS 12 IM GOING TO JUMP IN THE SHOWER WITH HER EVERY CHANCE I GET AND FOLLOW HER AROUND LIKE A PUPPY LOL I WOULDENT DO THAT OF COURSE BUT THE THOUGHT IS FUNNY
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You are her protector. Be there for her. Find out what is going on and help her. She is your primary concern. Right now she needs you please be there.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• WOW! TOOTOO SERIOUSLY!!!!!! COME ON! SHE WAS SLEEPING WITH US BOTH BUT I HAD A BABY 4 MONTHS AGO SO i STARTED SLEEPING IN THE BABIES ROOM BUT SHE STILL SLEPT IN OUR ROOM WITH HIM!!!!!!!
    motherofpearl3

Comment by motherofpearl3 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Having a new baby, she feels her territory is invaded and at risk. Give her the attention she is craving.
    I am sorry, I did not want that to pass and not be addressed. It is a hard question, but it had to be asked.
    I did not mean to upset you, I just wanted to voice a possibility with the information you had given us.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Apology accepted sorry too
    motherofpearl3

Comment by motherofpearl3 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Ok, new baby too. Yep, she is not only normal, but, also having the new baby cling too. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010