Should I date my first husband?

I still have feelings for my first husband even though we have been divorced for 14 years. My second marriage officially ended yesterday[ divorce final hooray]. My first husband knows how I feel, but he says he only wants to sleep with me not a relationship. He has volunteered himself if I want sex, but has let me know he would only be using me. I want him,but I'm not sure I can only use him with no feelings. Any advice?

beckybuck

Asked by beckybuck at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't do it.....because he will eventually tell you later that he is getting married. To much heartache and pain...consider dating someone that you havent already been with. 1st husband knows what you like and when you like it. Just play the field and the game...dont let the game play you.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Good grief. Why do that to yourself?

NO
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yep I would say from what you wrote you wouldn't be able to play friends with benifits with the ex and he clearly doesn't want anything more than that...you shouldn't play with fire cause it will burn you! go find some new ground to cover there are plenty of men out there and very few of them will shy away from sex lol go meet new people and have some fun besides if it didn't work out with hubby one the first time chances are even if he wanted to date and not just apease your sexual needs you would wind up running into the same problems you did before with this guy (not saying it always works that way but more often than not...) I think you are better off checking out some free agents instead of just trying to pick from your bench! good luck ladie!
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I say NO respect your-self move on
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Stay away from that one.....If you have feelings and he has told you he would just be using you then you will only get hurt....and why put yourself through that...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• BAD idea... You obviously have feelings for him, he just wants to get laid. Nothing good can come from that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Absolutely not! You will get attached again..leading to another heartbreak
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Unless you are able to separate yourself and are interested only in the sex, then go for it.
    Judging by reading what you've said it sounds like that isn't the case and that you are aware you'll have hurt feelers if you go through with it. I think you're able to answer this one on your own. Keep in mind the only people we have control over is, ourselves (and our kids :-p) but seriously, if you think you'll change his mind, think again.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Run! No way!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• For me it would be a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a very emotional person and if you are the same way. Don't Do It!!!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010