Study Says Working Moms Stress Out Their Mates????

http://blogs.wsj.com/juggle/2007/11/15/honey-am-i-killing-you-with-my-career/

Honestbest

Asked by Honestbest at 12:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I've come to the conclusion that any certified moron can get a grant to do a study on anything these days and the less valuable that study actually is, the better. I should seriously apply for a grant to study how peeing in the tub affects cellulite formation because I'd probably get it AND have the "results" published in every magazine worldwide.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My dh saids he finds it attractive that I work. He also saids, he does not feel less of a husband, father,etc. If he did, well I would wonder why me working kills his self-esteem. :) He is not stressed. Why? B/c he is not the sole bread winner, if something happens we have plan,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I second Fistandantalus.....dang, your username is a pain to spell!! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Geebus. Really? My husband will readily tell anyone that me working takes a hell of a lot of stress off his shoulders.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• And to add my answer, my DH is less stressed when I'm working because all the responsibilities of bills don't rest souly on him.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't know if it causes him extra stress,but it causes me oodles. Hubby is not one to help around the house so if I work outside the home I do all of the house work on top of what I do for my job. Teaching was killing me because I worked at the school, came home and taught my own kid, did the house work and ran my online business. Hubby is now thinking of taking a second job, but really, I look at it like I had four and now I only have three so I don't feel too guilty about him working another job.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i have heard about this before. some men find it "competitive" when both spouses are working, and their egos are harmed by their spouses being more successful in their careers. if you ask me it's a load of crap. i dont work, but when my youngest goes to school in 5 years and i do, my husband will be relieved if anything. he can call in sick or whatever without having to worry about the little piddly hours he missed causing our weekly income to decrease.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Ohw about the DH who makes the wife stressed out because she HAS to work and go to school and be a mommy and wife all at the same time? Yeah, "Killing him with my career"... Whatever
    ByronAidenMom

Answer by ByronAidenMom at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010