How many of you still had your period despite being pregnant?? adult content

I have been having pretty much every pregnancy symptom from very sore boobs for weeks, mood swings, weepy, frequent urination, extreme food cravings, I puke almost every morning. I have 2 other kids, so I was almost 100% that I was pregnant.. And then I started my period, right on time. So I just dismissed the possibility of being pregnant, but now my friends are telling me stories about having their periods for months into their pregnancies.. If this has happened to any of you, was your period normal, or super light, or bright or dark.. Like mine was totally normal. Should I still test to be sure?

Beanna4406

Asked by Beanna4406 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not me.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• A friend of mine went through this and had a normal period up until she was 5 months pregnant....and taking a test didnt show anything until she stoped having her periods....even a blood test at the hospital was neg....they had to do an ultrasound to find out. And they only did that because she thold them that she knew she was pregnant and they were idiots and she wouldnt leave the hospital until they do the ultrasound lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've been pregnant twice in my life and both times I had one menstrual in the beginning, but that was pretty much it.
    I hear it all time about women who had menstruals when they were pregnant. so it's not impossible. but I'd see a doctor if you think you are.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had one cycle with my first pregnancy, no cycle upon the second month of pregnancy.... three cycles with my second daughter and no cycle on the fourth month of pregnancy... and I think one cycle with my son.. but it was very light and almost not like a cycle at all.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Not to mince words but if you were bleeding and pregnant it wouldn't be your period in so many words. You cannot get your period while being pregnant.

However you can BLEED while pregnant. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had what I thought was my period, but it was late. I'm not regular so no biggie. But it wasn't "right". It was super light, and it was more like the end of my period, than the start if that makes sense and it only lasted two days. The month after I found out I was pregnant I did get some bleeding once again around the time of my period, once again it wasn't "right". That was the last bleeding I had. I didn't bleed with my other two pregnancies.

Sita418

Answer by Sita418 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Actually you CAN get a period while pregnant. It is possible to ovulate while pregnant, it is rare though.

I think you should go see your doctor to be safe.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had what I thought was a regular period, one time fairly normal everything, but I just felt so pregnant the month before and during and after. I kept taking pregnancy tests and getting negatives as well. It was really messsing with my head. Then i didn't get another period and got a positive pregnancy test and went to my doctor thinking I was just barely pregnant. They did an ultrasound and I had been pregnant the entire time.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Glad I'm reading this... trying to determine if I am pregnant myself....I am just coming off mirena so I am unsure right now. all i know if morena came out- next day i bled for 4 days then I had sex 2 weeks later and then started bleeding againf or 4 days the day after sex...and now I am 1 day late for my period baded on the sept 12th date which I dont know if it was a period or what
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 2:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010