How can I ?

Get myself to stick to a diet???????????? I was doing so good walking every day and dieting then all of a sudden I just did not have any motivation anymore and gained all the weight back. I know stress is a factor but still I really need to lose the weight!

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes do.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I was a size 20 for years and now I'm a size 6!! The best advice I can give you is, don't go on diets. They don't work, because most people don't stay on the diet for long. You need to make life style changes. Be more active, work out regularly, eat healthier. Try to stay away from foods that have no nutritional value, like sodas. Change the way you think about food. Eat to live, not live to eat. Once I started thinking to myself, "what nutritional value does this food have?", I started making healthier choices. Eat foods that are high in fiber, read the ingredient list on foods (NO high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils), buy items that have a short list of ingredients without lots of preservatives, eat more veggies and fruits, whole grains, lean meats and watch your portion size. It takes time to change some of these things, but if you do it gradually it will become easier and habit.
    akmccarty

Answer by akmccarty at 4:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• find an exercise group or a friend to exercise with think of all the health benefits you will have from losing weight
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 7:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It takes 21 days to change a habit. Mark a day to start changing ONE habit. Ex: Not exercising. Then keep going for 21 days. You'll see a change in your mentality. Do the same with food.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Forgive your self. Get back out side and walk. The thing is one mistake does not a failure make. Your still alive and still kicking. Every-time you make a mistake forgive your self. No on e is perfect. The every day eating is what makes up most of our diet not the holiday's. So eat better daily and make it a habit. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2010