ways to recover from a cold faster

Can anyone tell me some tried and true ways to speed recovery from a cold. Would appreciate it! (I never get colds but this one is hitting me hard.)

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 12:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• I take Tylenol cold pills every 4 hours and it usually goes away pretty quickly. Just make sure you eat enough or you will start to feel loopy.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Plenty of rest and fluids does it for me!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• This is the worst tasting thing in the world but it works great! Grab a coffee cup and cover the bottom of the glass with honey, add a shot of whisky...then 1/4th the cup of lemmon juice then water...heat for 1min in the microwave and stir....drink it all before it cools down or within about 3 min or so...you will get hot and sweaty but you will feel 10000 times better my grandma had me do this when I was sick last year...felt great after about an hour...if that
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i think after the whisky i wouldn't much care about anything!!! LOL
    SeventiesChild

Comment by SeventiesChild (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Steam and humidity , fluids and plenty of rest
    Teresa S.

Answer by Teresa S. at 12:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I wish I knew sweetheart.I've been fighting one for over 3 weeks now and can't seem to shake it.It's hard for me to get any rest because I go to school full time and can't miss any classes.I'm just living with it.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The old honey whiskey and lemon used to work for us kids too back in the 60's-70's........no worries about the alcohol content....as you bring it to a boil........the alcohol burns most of it off so no need to worry about being liquored up alot!

But you will feel all warm and cozy! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Elderberry is a fantastic anti-viral, more than twice as effective as prescription antivirals, without any side effects

Answer by rkoloms at 3:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010