Fund Raising Ideas for A Horse Rescue Group

Any ideas on how to raise funds for a horse rescue group? Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thank you.

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 12:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pets

• If it were me, I'd do a kind of bake sale lemonade stand thing. Since its horses, do a Kentucky Derby mini party theme to it. Make Derby Pie and some horse shaped cookies or maybe some cupcakes with a red rose on the top. For drinks there is a derby drink, but you'll have to make the non-alcoholic version, haha. Just do a google search for Derby recipes. And if you wanted, you could decorate the booth with wreaths and little mini straw hats with big bows and ribbon and such on it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• go to a park have a play day where kids can take pics witha horse call it horseing around for hores
    shehappywifemom

Answer by shehappywifemom at 6:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The local shelter here has an auction twice a year. Businesses and people donate items to be auctioned off. They also have a dinner before the auction and there is a fee for that. It can be fancy or something simple.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• you can if u have a myspace or facebook make 1 for the rescue and put a chip in on the page so ppl can donate sell things and just b paitent
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think horse rides and a pic would work. Also offer refreshments (horse themed, of course) and give mini riding lessons or have a seminar on caring for horses (all for a small fee).
    secondrose

Answer by secondrose at 1:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Dinner with a silent auction.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do vinyl artwork (decals) and have donated to my local dog clubs and shelter - you might find a local artist willing to donate or sell you pieces at cost that you could then turn around and sell (my vinyl does not cost much and the rescue groups I have sales arrangements with do pretty well with selling the decals I do for them - they can mark them up at least 4 times what I charge them, and if they have a rescue group logo as well, I usually throw those in for free).
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 6:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010