WHY would anyone dam-up toxic sludge???

That toxic sludge in Hungary has reached the Danube River..great. Oh, and when it dries, it turns into a dust that can go airborne. So someone please, please tell be why they had a resevoir of this stuff just sitting around, waiting for a disaster to happen!
God be with those poor people....

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 12:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If it happened near San Francisco I would guess it probably meant there was an endangered fruit fly breeding downstream. Since it happened elsewhere, it's about money (which is really why it would be dammed up for endangered fruit flies in San Fran, just a different source of the money). Not making light of it - it's terrible, but honestly, that's what it comes down to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think that before anyone manufatures an item, they need to find a way to eliminate the byproducts...and if they can't, then they shouldn't make that product. Its common sense to me.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010