better job than husband?

How would he feel? In comparing our jobs (and he does often) I think that I have the better job. (more money, I work at home, flexible work schedule, great vacation, incentives for finishing all of my work for the week) I know he feels bad, not because I am doing better than he is, because he thinks he should be doing better than he is. I tried to make him understand, he had a great job then the auto industry went to crap and he had to start over. He is not the only one, but I would love to make him feel better about it.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• i would try to emphasize that you guys are a team working together and one day it is very likely that you will need him to support you if your business goes under or something unexpected happens. It would probably help him to know how unimportant you think it is. Times are changing and some dads stay at home with the kids while the mom is the sole bread winner. Even if that is not his idea of a man supporting his family in the traditional way, it may help to add perspective to it.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I know it doesn't answer your question, but what company do you work for? It sounds great!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have the better job. I think sometimes he gets a little envious, mostly just with the perks I get from my job, but overall I think he's just proud of me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Ask him how he would feel if your roles were reversed?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My DH wouldn't care if I had a better paying job than him.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 11:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have a better paying job and benifits but he has the better gig! He works from home! He makes good money but recently it's a lot less then me. He feels bad but the bills are paid and we have food in our bellies.. I can't complain!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 4:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2010