At what age do you think men should stop having children?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• 30s, same as i believe women should stop having children in their thirties
    Anonymous

• Wow, anon, I must be a horrible person then. I had my first child at 37, and will give birth to this one right before my 40th birthday...

As for age... I'd probably say late 40's. You don't want to be in a retirement home before your child goes to college, know what I mean?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• whenever they cant afford them,my so parents had him in their 40s& they were more like grandparents to him, now my aunt & uncle had their 1st in their 40s as well& i can honestly say the baby made them younger
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I also think late 40's. My mom was 42 and dad was 45 when my little sister was born. My dad will be 64 in three days, but he's still a big kid at heart.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I say 50
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks ladies. My husband is 41 and I feel so pressured to have our second child now because of his age, although financially it would be smarter for us to wait a little while longer.
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I for one am glad to hear most of these answers, since I'm 44 and hoping to adopt! :) Obviously it is also my opinion that it's generally not the best idea to have a baby once one reaches 50.
    urbanroost

Answer by urbanroost at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I say, if you want babies and you'll love them and care for them... Have them... Creating life is what makes the world keep going... I don't think I'll have another one and I'm only in my 20s but I have mad love for people who have them later... When you have them later in life you're more mature and have more patience and have seen more and know more and have more money, see older= more :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• When you can no longer care for yourself is when you should stop having children. (this could be an immature teen to a handicapped 70 YO mind you). lol. IMO if you are healthy, stable financially and physically and emotionally, adult, you can have a kid.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010