Should i bring this up to my brothers attention about his wife?

So my sil& brother had a baby a few months ago, ever since then we have noticed that they have stopped calling us around anymore, also whenever we are around them, my sil doesnt let my mother hold the baby, she will make up any excuse to say no, for example yesterday we had a get together& my sil was holding the baby while she ate, i told my mother that she shouldnt ask her to hold her grandson ,just hold him, well my mother told her, im going to carry him while you eat & took him, you should of seen her face, then shortly my sil got up to warm up something on the stove, she took my nephew back& while she was standing over a burning stove carried her son to warm up some food.& this is just one of the few incidents that she has done so my mother wont carry the baby,i honestly feel like if my mother or us havent done anything wrong for her to feel this way, we just feel like f she looks down on us,its only w/us because on her ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes you should speak to your brother about it but very delicately. Explain that this behavior is hurtful and mean especially to your mother who brought him into the world. If she loves him then why is she being disrespectful to the woman that had him and raised him. Because that's what it is....disrespect. You are just as much apart of this child's life and regardless of anything she may feel personally about you that is no reason to keep that baby away from his FAMILY.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• how do you know this for sure? are you with them when they are around the other family?
    i'm thinking she's just really attached to the baby and probably is this way with everyone. also, i know i trusted my own family more than i did his..i didn't know his family like i do my own family.
    sure, talk to your brother if you want. but i wouldn't make a big issue out of it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I agree with dullscissors. She's probably just attached to the baby right now and wants to be the only one to hold her. Give her time and I'm sure she will start letting others hold him.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If it's her first child then she could be just very protective of him. I know I had a hard time letting anyone (not specific people) hold my son because I knew he wouldn't stay that small for long and wanted to hold him in my arms at all times. Sure enough he is 7yrs old now....they grow up so fast!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Is this her first child? Cuz I was like this when I had my daughter. I didnt want no one to hold her but me and her daddy. :)
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• side of the family everyone gets to see him everyday& hold him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well i do see on her facebook status how her son is always w/the fam because of the pictures& her post, also because she is always telling us,she has pictures of her mother , father sister n nephews& cousins w/the baby.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well that is different then OP. She should not let her family hold the baby and not his. That is rude. Maybe next time you guys are over at your brothers house you (or your mother) could ask your brother if one of you could hold the baby. Might work out better if you ask him instead of her.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• also she only lets certain members of my family hold him , for example my 13 year old niece , my sister n my older brother & pretty much thats about it, she will let my niece take him to her room but not my mother? this is where i see the problem.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• While I do think its a little rude of her to not let your mom hold the baby, it is HER child. Its between her and your brother. And if my SIL had every told my MIL to just come tell me she as going to hold the baby I would have been ticked and it would have made it worse. I think you need to stay out of it. For all you know your brother and her have already discussed this..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010