Why is it that the worst mothers in the world get to keep their children but mothers like me who love and cherish their kids get them taken from them?

I just recently lost my boys to their worthless father and I have no one on my side to help me. My boys are my life and they were ripped from me, the courts and my ex were all conspiring against me. I have never in my life seen a judge take a case and base it off of hearsay and take the children. I have never been inprisoned for drugs or anything else for that matter and they all work together and take them. How is it possible, other than the other side lying and even the casa director lied to get my ex my boys. she saw my house and everything and lied saying the boys room was something it wasn't and also she contact the step-mother more than anyone and I think there is a huge conflict of interest and the case should have never of been placed in her hands. Please anyone who can help me would be greatly appreciated...I'm about at my witts end

staceymurphy

Asked by staceymurphy at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Why were they taken? I mean, what was the reasoning? You can appeal the decision and go back to court, request a different judge etc etc but don't waste your time if they had a reason... Very seldom does this happen.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• get a lawyer!!! u will need one!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Did you have a lawyer? Something similar happened to my good friend. She is such an awesome mom, never did drugs, has good money & was just awesome! Apparently, her husband's lawyer played golf with the Judge (she later found out from HER lawyer). Unfortunately, politics does play a role sometimes. You can try again, the sooner the better. Maybe try a different lawyer & tell him everything you told us. Did they give him FULL custody? Or did they just make him primary parent? Because it's VERY rare that they give either parent full custody if they both show interest in raising their child. If you have the money, i would get the best lawyer money can buy & try again. If you wait too long, then they will say that the kids are already adjusted. I would file for custody again asap. This will also show the courts how serious & how badly you want your boys. But, you will need lots of evidense against him, that always helps so much!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It might be too late but you can go to your state's bar association for help. Google your state and the words "bar association" Search the site for pro bono (free) legal help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• definitely request another judge & another case worker! Your lawyer can do all that for you...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• File a formal complaint, get a lawyer, no mater how much it costs- it will be worth it!!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• my friend michelle had her daughter taken away when she was only a month old because 2 of her friends (the godparents) wanted a child of their own but the woman didn't want to go through pregnancy because it seemed too hard so they both lied to DCS and said that her daughter was being abused and neglected (a total lie because her daughter is her world) anyway the daughter was put in foster care and michelle was only able to see her once every 2 weeks for almost a year. her former friends didn't end up getting her daughter or fostering her and michelle fought her ass off to get her daughter back and she finally did after a almost a years worth of DCs watching her and she had to take parenting classes that she didn't need. she missed out on her daughters first year of life because two idiots decided they would steal her daughter which didn't even work. the system is fucked is my point. children are taken from loving homes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• whats sad is the courts and DCS or CPS don't care about the children at all, they just do what benefits them
    aliishott2

• oh and when i say the woman thought pregnancy seemed too hard i don't mean hard for her to get pregnant, i mean she didn't want to ruin her figure and go through childbirth
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Did you have a lawyer?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010