What do you think makes someone a bad parent?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Neglect
    verbally abusive
    physically abusive
    showing no affection
    the list goes on
    If the parent is trying to be the best they can be for their child or children then whatever the mistakes that does not make them a bad parent because non of us knows it all and continue to learn from our mistakes. As long as the child is healthy and happy then you are doing a good job!
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Neglecting the needs of their child.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Anyone that harms a child mentally, physically or sexually.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Not protecting them from bad people, pawning them off on other people, putting their boyfriends (men) ahead of their children, doing drugs in front of children, mental and physical abuse.

I'm sure there are more but this is what makes my mom a bad mom. I learned from her what NOT to do. Thanks Mom.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• smoking, getting a baby sitter, formula feeding...just kidding!! I think it really takes alot to make someone a "bad parent", and it's not really for me to judge, espcially if I don't know all of the facts. Everything is situational and it's impossible to judge until you've been there yourself.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• neglect & abuse of any kind. I also think over spoiling your child is horrible...we don't need anymore spoiled people in this world who don't think they need to work for anything....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Being selfish, neglect, there is a big list of things....

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• A bad parent consistently neglects the best interests and needs of the child. Not out of ignorance, but out of laziness, selfishness, spite or apathy.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• A variety of things in my opinion. A person/s who put their needs/wants before their children. Neglectful behavior. People who choose to buy drugs/alcohol/material things over providing clothing and food for their children (not to mention a roof over their head, heat, water, electric, etc). Abuse in any form.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• In my opinion and personal experence in my family I think when your children don't come first in your life. I think when a parent does not appreciate a life or the significance of that child in their lives they lose a right to be "good" parents. Anyone can have children but it takes more to be considered "good" parents.
    mary_jane_213

Answer by mary_jane_213 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010