Eliminated dairy. Still bloody diapers.

My daughter has had bllod in her stool since she was born. Not enough to see but tests positive. I eliminated all things milk and milk related. I even read labels for the slightest bit of milk. Blood is still in stool. I'm at a loss. Dont know what to do next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what has the Pedi said?
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't know either, but just want to let you know I am thinking positive thoughts and praying for you both.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• What kind of foods is she eating (if she is old enough for foods)? I am not a doctor, so this is just a suggestion to ask your doc about. Could her digestive tract be sensitive to certain foods? Such as wheat, gluten, or cassein? I have read about these things in particular irritating the intestinal tract. Ask your doctor about it before trying to eliminate all that stuff though!
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 10:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• A friend of mine had the same thing happen with her. Her profile here on CM is jaydeeandkay. Her dd had allergic colitis (I think that's right) and she's been on a strict diet up until recently. I'm sure she'd be more than willing to answer any questions you might have and let you know what her DR said. You really should go get it checked out though.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If you are breast feeding your child and you suspect milk products cause the blood in her stool YOU need to stop the milk products as well. If your not BF then I suggest a Pedi specialist to make sure it's not something more serious.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• How long ago did you eliminate it? It can take up to 2 weeks for dairy to fully get out of your system. It's hard but it can be done. Hang in there1
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would go back to the pedi just to be safe. Its probably easier than making yourself crazy trying to figure out what to do
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• remember it take 2-3 weeks for the milk to be out of your diet, if its been atleast 3 weeks, talk to a lactation consultant, it could be a fissure or rip in your babies bowel or anus caused from pooping and not dairy, but it could also be a gluten issue.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Your baby could be allergic to the breastmilk itself. This happens on occasion and the doctor will have to give you a prescription meat based formula.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2008