True or False?

True or False

When having a debate with someone on CM, the 1st person to stop stating facts and start using personal attacks and put downs is the loser?

Does using personal attacks and put downs during a debate make that person look like they are uneducated about the topic at hand? Will you continue debating with someone that begins verbally attacking you?

-xoxo-

Asked by -xoxo- at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• True and yes, I usually stop responding.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I agree and my name is Sabrina as well :) I was told earlier today that I am stupid and cowardly because I told a woman that I would not debate with her because she stopped stating facts and began calling me names. I won't deal with people who act like that, period.

-xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I agree. However around here the winner is usually the one who gets the last word. At least that's how most people act. Don't take it personally or it will drive you nuts.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've noticed lol.
    -xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Even if someone verbally attacks me.. I still debate.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• true, and I tell them what I think about their attack.....

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010