Sleep

Does anyone have a natural way of falling to sleep? I am starting IVF around the 28th of this month. I recently have gotten off a category "D" Medication Elavil for my sleep. Now I can't sleep at all. I have been using Melatonin 2 mg which works wonders but it has caused me horrible allergies and I have also read that it messes with fertility. So I am stopping that too. Tylenol PM doesn't work for me and I don't want to be prescribed another medication because I worked so hard to get off the one I was already on. I want to be medication free if I get pregnant but I do have to sleep. HELP!!!

cedinoc

Asked by cedinoc at 1:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have a hard time falling asleep sometimes and what helps for me is some lavender essential oil or this chakra meditation cd by Doreen Virtue, who's an author of angel books.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Meditate. close your eyes and breathl... eventually hopefully it will get easier... Your body needs to produce it's own melatonin and because you were supplying your body with it, you no longer had to produce as much for yourself. Velarian Root helps sleep too
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Take a nice warm bath with a book or mediate while in the bath.. No TV / computer/ games an hour before bed becuase they keep the mind stimulated and result in bad to little sleep. Have SO/hubby give you a relaxing massage before bed..
    hot chocolate or warm milk and a heatting pad for your feet help as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010