Numbness after c-section?

Does anyone else have numbness on their stomach after having a c-section or a few? Is it normal?

I do! Below my belly button, like 3 inches of my stomach is totally numb and it's been 2 years since my first and 8 months since my last.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is due to the nerves being cut from the surgery. Mine lasted around a year, some heal quicker some heal slower. Everyone I know whom has had a surgery has had numbness in the incision area. Hope yours gets better fast it's real annoying.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Can it last forever?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I had numbness after my c-section, I don't remember how long it lasted though. That didn't annoy me nearly as much as the itching! My incision scar itched for almost a year after my son was born.
    bassangel

Answer by bassangel at 10:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I had my daughter via c-section 8 years ago and it's still numb.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 10:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sometimes it takes years for the nerves to reconnect, if they ever do. I've had lots of surgeries, and although my tummy is not numb anymore from my last c-section I know it took at least a year. I had arteries removed from the inside of my left leg for coronary bypass in May 2007, and still have numbness on the top of my foot and the big toe.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I actually didn't feel my lower stomach for 5 years following my daughter; and with little man, well I am still numb. I hate it :(
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2008