Have we forgotten basic things due to technology dependency?

example: I spent an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my I-Pod so I could write down some appointments on my schedule, when it dawned on me in all that time I could have just written them down with good ole fashioned pen and paper like we used to do, but it never dawned on me. I was just so used to using the I-pod.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 1:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think we have people are so use to gadgets that they don't remember how to do the basics- I use to remember everyones telephone numbers and now because of programming them into cell phone I couldn't tell you one of them because we look up their names and press send
    the same goes for basic math- forgotten simple multiplication because of calculators my daughter didn't know how to use a dictionary because of looking things up on the computer
    I'm not saying techology is all bad but we need to use our brains more
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• : /

Maybe.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I can't make popcorn without a microwave.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes. Once I called my Husband at work to help me troubleshoot the computer since our internet wasn't working and I needed to google a phone number. He told me to use the phone book. LOL! I had forgotten that they ever even existed.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Oh and I love that 911 call where the lady got "locked in" her car. :) She had automatic locks and didn't have her keys with her. The button wasn't working to unlock the doors or something and the 911 operator told her to grab the lock and pull it up. HAHAHAHA. So funny.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I still carry around a hard calendar - guess I've had too many "smart" phones die unexpectedly. I hand-write thank you notes and still take handwritten notes in class.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• nope not me..i have a schedule book for my dd-everything i need to do, i have mine and my husband...no dh is very dependent on tech. he would pass out without his iphone and pda
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• lol, that's funny.  I don't have that problem.  I don't have a lot of technology.  I still have an old fashioned address book and rarely record addresses on my phone or computer (only when I don't have easy access to paper).  I keep track of appointments on my calandar on my desk.  The only thing I use my phone for is texting my husband and sil and the only thing I use my computer for is to get on the internet or do scrapbooking.  I don't have an ipod (I listen to music on my computer because we don't even have a stereo).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Only if you let yourself forget!

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I know I would be a bit lost at first without my laptop to keep me busy during the day when there's nothing pressing to do, but I do have to admit it would probably force me to get up and do some housework I put off till the weekends.
    Anonymous