Breaking point?

ever feel like life is just not how you planned it? like you cant go back and change things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in About CafeMom

• yep :)

things to remember- nothing will ever be like you planned or imagined it & you can't go back and change things but you can change how you acted/behaved so that you don't make the same mistakes, or at least help your children not follow in your foot steps.
    Anonymous

• ug.. I'm right with you.
    Anonymous

• Well, yeah, but that is what makes it interesting. I don't want to change anything... I don't regret anything. Did I ever think my fun would be sitting her answering questions on a Saturday night at 10:00... Heck No.. But it's what I chose to do! LOL!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You really can't GO back and change things...but I know you can still change things as they are now to make a difference.

My life is nowhere near how I planned it growing up...but I never could have imagined the life I have now. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Not everything I planned worked out...like pupmom, never thought this would be weekend fun :) Seriously though, we all make plans that don't work out for a lot of reasons. Sometimes we grow and change. Sometimes we make rash decisions. Sometimes others outgrow us or move on. I think the key is to focus on all the things that are going right in the moment, all the things that worked out well...and there are always some, even if we don't see them when we're in a rough spot. I also ask myself "where do I want to be 5 years from now and what do I need to do today to get there?" It helps me set goals and reminds me that I am the captain of my own destiny.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yeah, sometimes I feel that way, too. I imagined things would be different, but they could be worse. I try to remember to be thankful for what I have, and make the most of it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2008