Do I really have to? adult content

I am 7 months pregnant. I have a child from a previous relationship. This baby will be my first with my current partner. For the first months it was easier for me to get in the mood ; ) After my 2nd trimester I felt myself change. And as of now I hardly even want to hear the word sex. On the other hand my husband has changed as well or so I feel. He has become less affectionate or sweet but is constantly wanting to do it. I have tried but it's beginning to make me feel used or uncomfortable because even if it does happen I am not there 100%. I have tried to explain how I feel but my words go in one ear and out the other. I don't know what to do becase I don't know how to pretend and if it does happen I feel forced to. What would you do or advice me to do? Please I am open to any opinion or suggestion even if you feel I am wrong at some level.

mary_jane_213

Asked by mary_jane_213 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• You have to keep in mind men have NO idea what its like to be pregnant, they have nothing to compare it to so they can not understand...its just not possible for them since they never experience it. In turn, it makes it hard for them to understand your shift in hormones and quite honestly how you just feel physically. Be patient with him. If you don't want to, don't have sex, but I wouldn't deny him completely. You don't want him to feel rejected simply because you don't feel well, KWIM?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• that is not cool hun...he needs to respect your wishes and be understanding, sex is part of a healthy functioning relationship but in no way is it ok for either partner to feel forced! you need to tell him where you stand and tell him that you understand he has needs but if he wants to have sex he is going to have to put out emotionaly first...I am sure he just doesn't understand what he is doing to you but he really needs to try, pregnancy can be a fragile time in a womans life and that needs to be respected...talk to him, make him hear you, and then stick to your guns you dont HAVE to do anything you dont want to do...good luck hun *hugs*
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Your husband needs to be understanding of your feelings, but you also might consider that you're more sensitive right now, and it may feel like he's not being affectionate...especially if you feel guilty about not wanting to have sex right now, and maybe he's just feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the new responsibility. Pregnancy just turns everything upside down. Try to relax, talk to him about how you feel, and listen to how he feels, but try to remember in a few months you will begin to get back to your normal self, and he will start to settle into his new role.

Best wishes.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010