You find an old friends obituary online, would you contact the wife?

If you found an old friends/ex bf obituary online & was curious how he passed on & seen he had a wife & she was on facebook, would you contact the wife to see what happened & to express condolence?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I would.. if you are really curious.. Just let her know you care.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i wouldn't contact her unless i knoew her..it might be awkward for her
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• wow...that's a toughie cuz honestly the wife may be going under quite some grief and may not want to discuss it with people she does not know....on the other hand she may need to get things off of her chest and may like communication. If you're really curious, just send a message to express condolences....I wouldn't inquire unless she writes back and you get some rapport going....I wouldn't mention I was an ex....perhaps a friend of his who is very sorry for her loss. She lost her husband...that's a big trauma. Tread carefully! Hope that helps...
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Just say who you are and your express condolence and she opens up to the cause of his death then she can do so but don't ask because it might be a private matter.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• god, how morbid and insensitive. No. I would contact her and say 'i knew so-and-so when we were in school, and I was shocked to learn s/he had passed. I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm here if you need support', but I would never ask her to tell me what happened.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No. If he wasn't important enough for you to have him in your life this entire time then you should just leave it alone.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• not sure if I would ask what happened, but I would call to tell her that you were sorry. if she wants to tell you what happened, I imagine she will.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If you're really that curious about HOW he died, then you could also go and look for a local newspaper in his area and look online for his name to see if they published a story about the death.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, I would to express my condolences. I would let them volunteer what happened.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks ladies. I already wrote before asking this question...Didnt think of CM at the time! I was kinda in shock.
    Im hoping it has no negative effect to her. But I knew if I didnt write then I would always wonder. If she does not write back, at least I know I tried..
    For some reason I decided to Google him today & his pic w/ obituary came up, it never told how he passed.
    He was important to me, or else I wouldnt have Googled him at all.. But life happens, there are ALOT of people I care very deeply for but have not seen in years because thats just the way life goes. People move. Life gets busy. Phone Numbers get lost.
    Ive looked for him in the past when he was still living but never found him online..

MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010