I am going to hit one of her kids and it won't be good. If I don't someone else will. What can I do?

My apt. complex parking lot has very limited visibility and because of this there are many signs stating no playing in the parking lot and there is a threat of eviction on the signs.

A neighbor who does not watch her young children constantly breaks this rule. We all drive on eggshells around the lot cuz of her unruly kids. They literally jump out from behind parked cars. There have been many very near misses.

I have talked to the mom who said "be more careful" and have talked to the Apt. management who have stated they tried to evict her but the courts don't agree.

What can I do?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• Call the police. They'll come talk to her and let her know she's being neglectful by not watching them and letting them play in areas that aren't safe. With any luck, just the thought of CPS being called on her will straighten it out.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Call DCFS...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• well, as sad as it may be, maybe she'll learn how to watch her children if something does happen to one of them. Some people don't want to listen until life smacks them in the face with it.
    Anonymous

• deff call the police because thats child neglect and something bad may happen to her kids! she knows what shes doing is wrong!! shes taking advantage of the situation!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sounds like you have tried to do everything you can to avoid hitting them. Maybe backing your car into its slot so you can drive forward when pulling out. I'm afraid nothing is going to get her attention until someone hurts, maimes or kills one of her children, then she will blame the driver so let's pray that it isn't you. EVen if it isn't your fault... I think you would be a person who would carry the guilt with you anyways. Maybe if the neighbors all get on the same page, something can be done if you pursue this issue in force and numbers.
    firestarter4763

Answer by firestarter4763 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Call the police. Every single time her kid is in the parking lot playing. It isn't an appropriate place for a child to play.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Call DHR on her for it. Tell them people have almost hit the kids and the kids aren't being watched by their mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Call child services on her, she obviously doesn't care if her kids die.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2008