When breasfeeding stops

how long did it take for your milk to stop coming in? its been a week and milk still is being produced! I have warm baths & showers to ease the pain but what else can I do? I breastfed for 17 months and hope its not much longer of this. I did wean so it wouldn't be so brutal and hard on my child. I guess I should try the cabbage leaves??

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Milk can be there for a year. Yes, you do need to do the cabbage leaves for now. Then head to the health food store for "No More Milk" tea.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Mine dryed up pretty quick but I was having production problems anyway, which is what prompted me to stop. It took about 3 weeks to dry up completely but it only got painful 1-2 times and I just pumped or hand expressed a little bit. Just enough to ease the pain not emptying the breast.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My daughter self-weaned, so my supply gradually decreased with her needs.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It took about 3 weeks for any discomfort to subside. However, in the 9 years since the birth of my first child (I have 3) I have never stopped producing, and it takes very little for me to become tender and engorged again. Likewise, its the same shortly after you wean- so in addition to what you were already told by gdiamante, keep your hubby at bay for a while too!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010