Black dots on my nose.

How the hell do I get rid of them. They are blackheads right? Why are they called that?

What can I do to get rid of them for real cause I have been using some blachead face scrub from neutragina and this stuff that turns hot after you apply it to your face. WHAT TO DO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• For a very inexpensive and natural remedy...try baking soda and water. Put two teaspoons of baking soda into a small bowl or cup then add VERY little amounts of water at a time until it turns pasty...scrub your face with the mixture focusing on your nose and then rinse with warm water...pat dry and voila!!! No more blackheads! Works EVERY time for me....

P.S....Adding a half cup of baking soda to a full bath cleans your nether regions (vajay-jay) EXTREMELY well and makes your skin silky smooth. Adding a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo will make your hair FULL of volume and shine! Baking soda is a MUST have in my house..

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• could also be enlarged pores. look for something that shrinks pores.

also if you apply cold water on your face after washing with that scrub that heats up, it will shrink the pores some.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm good answer. Thank you. I never thought about enlarged pores.
    Anonymous

• Also, use Biore strips. They are kind of disgusting. You put them on your nose and rip them off when they dry (it doesn't hurt). They're covered with all the gunk that was in your pours. Follow that with something to shrink your pores and they should get better.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Baking soda exfoliates which removes all dead skin and leaves your skin feelin VERY smooth...I put it in my 15 month old daughter's bath water to get rid of rashes (including diaper rash)...it's safe to ingest so if she drinks the water it's perfectly healthy.

Baking soda is great for heartburn too...just a a few teaspoons into a cup of warm water and drink up...

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Ah hah. I got some in my freezer. I am going to try this now. I will be back soon! LOL
    Anonymous

• Ok I did the baking soda. It did work. I have such BADDDD black dots that you can still see them but they are VERY VERY thin now!!!!! So it does work! That is great! thank you.

Question. What would you compare the paste to? Like the same thickness as....toothpaste? Playdough? Shampoo?
    Anonymous

• It's all a matter of preference...I like for it to be just a tad but runny (think shampoo consistency) so that I can scrub better with it...some people make it into a thick paste (think bread dough consistency) and use it as a facial mask. A thick paste usually only takes a few DROPS of water.

I dip my toothbrush (SOFT bristle) into it and scrub gently...

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• OH and I am gonna try it in my shampoo in the morning. How much should I put in it? Do I add it to the palm of my hand or pre add it into the whole bottle and use it anytime?
    Anonymous

• Ok, I did the way you do it then. Cool deal.

Gonna do the toothbrush thing next time.
    Anonymous