Do you think this is wrong or selfish? (A little long)

I'm going to try to make this short! Ok, my husband and I have been "separated" (but living together) since last November. Our daughter's 2nd birthday is today, and her party is tomorrow. Last year on our anniversary (22nd), we went to Gatlinburg, TN an bought two 1-year passes for the Ripley's places. Lately, it seems like we might be getting back together, and this weekend is our only chance to use those tickets, so we're leaving after our daughter's party tomorrow. She's staying with grandma (my mom would kill us if we didn't leave our daughter with her for a weekend lol), but my mom is still kind of irked that we're going this weekend because she thinks we won't be staying for the whole party, but we're leaving way after it. Do you think it's selfish of us to go this weekend? This may be the best chance for us to reconnect and start over, so it's important to us. The rest of the month, we won't get a chance to go.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it's wrong or selfish. You're going to be there for the party, so it's not like you're missing out on the whole day....and more importantly, you're going on this trip to reconnect and try to save your marriage. That's the best gift you could give your daughter. =)
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Not wrong, not selfish. You just need to clarify things with your mother.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• it's totally up to you. I don't think it's wrong, you'll be staying for the party.
    and it's not up to your mother, it's up to you!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Keep your plans as they are. Explain again to your mom. Enjoy and good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• your mother isn't seeing the whole picture but after you guys go she will see that she saw it all wrong that in the end everything worked out just fine. go and have a good time and for your daugthers sake i hope you guys do reconnect. nothing worse then a broken family.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Considering this trip could get you guys back together, it's in no way selfish! Have fun and good luck!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I dont see how it is selfish
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I saw go for it!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the reassurance ladies! I really appreciate it. This has been bothering me all day. I thought that maybe I was getting too wrapped up in trying to fix things with him, so I wasn't seeing the big picture.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My husband and I were on a cruise for my oldest son's 12th birthday. I felt a little guilty but I got over it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010