Did you co-sleep? Why or why not? If so, for how long?

Just curious. :)

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 2:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I don't plan to, my kids get put to bed in their room EVERY NIGHT, but I always seem to wake up with two kids in my bed. lol

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yep. We have co-slept with both our children, and plan to do so with this one. 3+ years with both, at least. It's just what is and what works best for us and our kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I co-slept with my daughter till she was a year, I also nursed her.
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 2:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I co-slept with my son until 6 months because I breastfed.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I did until age 4. It worked for us! He slept right in the middle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Nope.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Only for a few days when I started beast feeding but then I put him in his bassinet by the bed for a few weeks....but he slept better in his own crib. I was afraid my DH would roll over on him in our bed.
    i really think babies sleep better alone,without grown-ups disturbing them. All three of my kids slept all night by the time they were 3 months old. And they were calm happy babies because they got a good night sleep.I think the many crabby, melt-down prone babies are lacking in good sleep because they are with "Helicopter Moms" who have to have them in their bed.
    And the bed is a "marriage bed". not a "family bed".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, till the kids were 15 months
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 2:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Co-slept with both my girls until over a year-year and a half. Did so because they were breastfed and it made my life a little easier to have them there for their numerous night time feedings. Felt more at ease with them next to me. Might not do it with #3 because of the hard work that goes into getting them to sleep on their own, but we'll see =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• "i really think babies sleep better alone,without grown-ups disturbing them. I think the many crabby, melt-down prone babies are lacking in good sleep because they are with "Helicopter Moms" who have to have them in their bed.
    And the bed is a "marriage bed". not a "family bed". "

I have found the exact opposite to be true. My older son woke every 2 hours no matter where he slept. Believe me, we tried EVERYTHING. In the end, my need for sleep won out and we began co-sleeping. His brother slept like a dream from birth and was regularly doing 6 hours by 3 weeks, and this was in bed with all of us! When you co-sleep, baby doesn't really get woken up at all... they start to stir, you're right there to calm them and then both back to sleep. I think waiting to get them until they're crying and then taking them out of bed to get them back to sleep is more disruptive.

And ours IS a family bed, and I'm certainly no helicopter mom!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010