hair dye during pregnancy

I have naturally reddish brown hair (I HATE IT) so I dye it black often and was told by my doctors that it's okay to dye my hair as long as it's in a well ventelated area... I'm in my last trimester it seemed as if the hair dye wouldnt really stick... it just turned into a med brown and not a black so I thought okay I will leave it on longer.. I left it on for the full 30 minutes and still I got brown. I have googled this online and have found nothing about it relating to pregnancy......

but this was never a problem before.... anyone going through something similar?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 2:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My beautician once told me it's perfectly safe to have your hair dyed during pregnancy, but due to the constant change in hormones, it's never a guarantee that it will take nor will you get the right results.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There is no more danger to dying your hair when you're pregnant than there is to doing it any other time... I would say if you aren't getting the results you want maybe try a different brand.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• hormones
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• your hormones change your hair and change how the hair color effects your hair
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Hormones do crazy things to your hair!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010