baby food then bottle or bottle then baby food?? Help?

my daughter is 7 1/2 months old and i EP so she gets breastmilk in a bottle. she has 4 7oz bottles during the night and then in the morning she has oatmeal or some type of breakfast baby food. then she has baby food for lunch with some crackers or puffs things, and water to drink. she has a 4 oz bottle before nap time and then baby food for dinner with water to drink. she is eating the stage 2 baby food. i have tried giving her baby food then a 4oz bottle but it just makes she sick like she is to full. my cousins baby is FF and he is the same age he gets baby food then a 6oz bottle for all meals and the 6oz bottles at night too. so how should u do it? baby food and bottle or no bottle?? im going to be a full time sahm starting monday so i want to get a system worked out for her. Thanks!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I did baby food but no bottle until bed time. If she really wants a drink, let have some milk, but no a whole bottle
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Babies absolutely must get between 28-32 ounces total of BM or FF....this is their MAIN nutrition and calories. Baby food is only a fun thing for practice and nothing else before one. You should ALWAYS give bottle first and then only a little food if she wants any. Remember, her stomach is no bigger than her fist. 7oz at a time is a lot and way more than her stomach size. And food should NEVER take the place of her BM. She also does NOT need a cup of water yet. She needs BM mostly and a little food for fun. Water can come later on after age one and only if she isn't getting BM.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babymenu.htm This is an awesome site for recipes and a sample menu. It is made by doctors and nutritionist. It takes you babies health in to mind when they made it. It is easier than me typing it all out.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You should try a book that we used to get our son to sleep through the night. It's called Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child. My son was 8 months before he slept through the night. I was desperate for a good night sleep so I thought it couldn't hurt if I read it. It was given to me from a radiologist that I work with. She used it for a 3 of her kids and swears by it. Anyway, after three nights he was sleeping through the night and has been ever since. It's worth looking into. At that age they are old enough and do not need to eat during the night. But i guess now we are off subject! :) Maybe wait 30-45min and then after the bottle after her stomach has time to settle.
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• In the first year, you ALWAYS nurse or give a bottle BEFORE offering solids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Good for you for being able to pump so well!

Breastmilk should be the primary food source. Solids are for fun and practice. Always offer the bottle first. Foods should be for fun snacks in between breastmillk meals. Water isn't necessary. You can just give her a small bottle of milk with her solid snacks.

Babies who get breast milk should have about a liter a day. Everything else is just "dessert"
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• maybe if you feed her milk/formula before her food she won't wake as much during the night? Because it wll satisy her nutrient needs. Also I wouldn't give her water. I didnt try water until over a year with my DS.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Baby food first, then the bottle.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would suggest replacing the water with milk. I would think that at that age, if she was truly not hungry, she would refuse the food. Or waiting an hour after the food before giving her a bottle? The water can actually be filling for her and babies dont need any water.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yeah she wakes up 3 times during the night! so one when she goes down to bed then one every 3 hours after that! i cant get her to sleep all night! i hope she will learn soon! i ve tried everything so i just gave up!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i dont give her bottles after meals cuz she gets sick like she is too full so is it ok that i dont give her one? or should i cut back and do 1/2 a jar and then a 4oz bottle?
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010