Bread machine ingredients...order?

OK. I borrowed a friend's bread machine, but there's no manual for it. So is therer a specific order to put in the ingredients ? She never uses it so she doesn't know. I am so anxious to use it but don't want to waste anything.

kimmy73

Asked by kimmy73 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• my mom had one so i grew up around them :) but your solids in first then liquids. It helps the mixer move better.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I use my bread machine all the time. In fact, it's been over a year since I bought a loaf of bread at the store (except ciabatta which I adore). Anyway, many bread machine recipes will actually be given in the order in which they are to go into the machine... Liquids first, then oil, sugar, salt, flour and yeast on top. If you are using the delay timer, be especially sure the yeast is on top of the flour away from the liquids. If you want some recipes I'd be happy to email you a few.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 3:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Ok, let's try this again - I blew away my first answer by mistake

I do liquids first and dry on top - and I make a little indent in my flour to put my yeast in. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but my book said to do it that way!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 10:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2008