when should i tell my son....

when should i tell my oldest son who will be 5 this month that he will be a big brother again....i just found out and really want to tell him but dont know if i should tell him now or wait.....what do you think?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 2:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would tell him as soon as you feel comfortable. He's five years old.....I think he'd be so proud and happy that mommy is making him a big brother!!! congratulations!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would wait until after your 10 or 12 week appointment. That way you know everything is going well.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i'd wait until 12wks at least. i told my boys as soon as i found out then i miscarried at 10wks. it was very hard to explain what that meant and what happend to the baby ect.... they already started creating plans and names and games etc.. to play with their new baby. anyway, when i got pregnant again i waited until 13 ro 14wks.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Wait as long as possible. I told my son and then I had a miscarriage. It was hard to explain. He also told every single person he knew, so be ready - when you tell him, you tell the world.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would wait as long as possible. My little boy is only three, so I don't know from parental experience. But I was that big sister... twice. Then my mom miscarried twice. It was heartbreaking for me. I was four both times.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would do whatever you feel is best.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2010