Would you buy used furniture if it was in good condition? adult content

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yeah, but right now because of the bed bug epidemic i wouldn't. i have a used kitchen table and some chairs.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would never buy anything upholstered used, regardless of what the condition looked like. A friend bought a sofa for her basement (finished, her kids play room), it looked like it had never been used. About a week after, her house had cockroaches. They traced it back to the sofa, which was absolutely infested. Her $200 "find" ended up costing her another $300 in exterminating fees. not to mention the gross-out factor.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Heck yes....I have before and its been some of the best investments I've made!!! I wouldn't really do mattresses...just kinda yucky for me....but otherwise if you find something in good condition why the heck not!??
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Some of my favorite furniture is used furniture! I was looking for a microwave cart a while back, and the lower price/simpler ones were just under 200. I found a much nicer one for 50 bucks. Why wouldn't I buy it used???
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have, and as long as I can give it my brand of ocd cleaning, I'm cool with it. LOL What I've gotten used was a wooden chair and a dresser for my new lo. Money is tight these days, and if it's in great shape, can be cleaned easily, I say pinch those pennies where ya can!
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes but if I were to buy something cloth like a couch or matress I would need to know where it came from and would clean it. Anything wood I would def. buy!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes, As long as you can clean it . I dont see a problem.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, but not a mattress!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• depends on the particular furn. A dresser. bookshelf, etc? Absolutely. Mattress? Never.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010