do you think that by someone putting you down can motivate you?

I had never been insulted up until earlier this week, i ended my 3 year relationship w/my fiance. I have 2 kids, one by him well before i left he called me a fat b!@#$& said i would never lose my belly,Omg i was so hurt by what he said but i started to eat healthier, yes it has only been a few days but i am so motivted to lose my belly only becaus ei know i can do it& guess what i stepped on my scale today& i weight 3 lbs less!!! I just wish he would of called me a fat B sooner, yes i know that isnt a good motivation but im kinda happy he did say it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Drill Sergeants have been doing this method for decades. Break em down, and build em back up
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't think it would work for me. I'd probably eat more out of spite.
    My friend was harassed by her boyfriend for years about her weight. She didn't lose a pound. She finally got sick of it and found another guy that made her happy. She has already lost 10 pounds.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• absolutely...just to prove them wrong and prove who you are to yourself. EF him...I too had my engagment end this week and I've been called every name under the sun...slandered all over facebook.....and I'm motivated to do even better with my life......make more money and never have to rely on anyone for anything again! Good for you and congratulations on your well deserved weightloss and motivation!!! YOU GO GIRL!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Me personally.

No that type of negative reinforcement/motivation does not work for me. Never has, even as a child. Never will.

However. There are some personality types that this type of negative reinforcement/motivation works for. And is the only thing that does work for them.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• People do that to me constantly.... the best revenge is to prove someone they're wrong...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yay for you that works on me to.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010