should I be worried?

I noticed my son was blinking more than usual and he seems like either he has something in his eye or it hurts. I noticed this when he just woke up from a nap this afternoon. It's been going on for like 3 hours. Was it maybe that he slept wrong and it's just a temporary thing or could be an allergic reaction. We just moved our two small dogs inside and was thinking that might be it. THANKS FOR READING. I know it's no big thing but still it worries me a bit that it might be bothering him.

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 10:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• Have you tried flushing his eyes? Do you have any saline? It will feel better than water. If you have to use water, make sure it is clean and cool, that will feel better. Also, you can try an antihistamine and see if that helps. If it gets worse, then obviously, take him to the doctor when you can.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If he keeps doing it talk to your pedi or just make an eye appt. My son is going to be 7 next month and has been wearing glasses since he was 5. I wish I took him sooner because his eyes were horrible, but I just didn't know. I didn't know being a first time mom you could take your kids in way before 5. We are also doing patch therapy. Because of this I took my other son who is 3 and he has been wearing glasses for a year now but his eyes are not as bad as my first. Also took my daughter and so far she is good. BTW, they see a pedi Opthmoligist. Different from an Optomtrist.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Put a warm rag on his eyes and let it set for 5 min that will help alot
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008