senior portrait question

My babies are still teeny (4 & 5) so it's a long way away for me to wonder but am terribly curious.... it seems like Moms have their kids highschool senior pictures taken earlier and earlier and earlier as time goes by. Back in my day (class of 2000) we had 'em done in the spring, I think. .... I am seeing senior sessions done CRAZY early now-a-days. I don't get it?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I graduated in 09 and everyone in my class had theirs done the summer before. I didn't know that they were ever done before them.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• nowadays they HAVE to do them before November at least or sometimes even October to ensure that their senior pic gets in the yearbook. My little sister is a senior this year and i have TONs of cousins also graduating this year and most of them are trying to get their senior pics in before Christmas for sure. Its been good business for my BIL at least who has his own photography business :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• a lot of people get them done in the spring of their junior year or the summer between junior and senior year
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i took my senior photos on september 12, 2001 because we had to have all pics in by november i think
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son had his SENIOR pictures done 1 week after his JUNIOR year ended; we had to work within the school's timeframe of getting the pictures in on time to make it into the yearbook. It's crazy!
    Anonymous

• In our school district, the photographer who does the pix and the yearbook determines when the senior pix will be done.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Summer between junior and senior year here. I thought it was odd. You change so much in a year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If you want your picture in the annual, then you must take your school approved (and the ONLY photo allowed in the annual) photo during senior sessions with the school's chosen photographic group in August, usually a week or two before school starts. Outside photographs are not allowed in the yearbook for portraits.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My dd who is a senior just had them done a few weeks ago to ensure that her picture will end up in the yearbook. Same thing for me over 21 years ago, we had them taken in the summer before we were seniors.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• im a 1986 grad and this is all new to me.
    when I was in h.s. you went to a studio and got them done... and it was part of a pkg deal put out by the school.
    no one did went out and hired someone.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010