what would you have done?

my husband works all day and i'm at home with ds. on the weekends i work about 20hrs. i'm well due for some me-time but whatever. so dh worked late the other night and then decided to come home and play video games for a few extra hours. the agreement we have is that he gets up with ds in the morning, gets him breakfast so i can sleep in...well, he got up this morning with him but fell asleep in a chair and ds managed to get hot cocoa mix all over my living room. i was furious! if dh couldnt stay awake, he should have just told me. and then dh thought it was my responsibility to clean it all up. i clean up all day...this mess was HIS fault-so i told him to do it and got dressed and went to mcdonalds to get breakfast bc i was so pissed, i needed time to myself to regroup!

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 3:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• my husband does that often..... works late but then has energy for HIS stuff, such as staying up late watching guy stuff, video games, etc. Was the mess cleaned when u got home?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would have done the same thing probably ;) Sometimes, you just need to be mad. My Dh has done things like that and still does. I get really mad when I go to bed early, and he's says he'll put the kids to bed. I usually wake up around 11pm only to find him sleeping on the couch, toys everywhere, and the kids watching tv--ugh! Guess who puts them to bed and picks up?
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• nope...and he told me that i dont do anything around the house ever because the puppy had an accident on the floor-while i was gone, i'm pretty sure but i can't prove it....so i'm really NOT doing anything today. i'm letting ds do whatever he wants and make whatever messes he wants, and i'm going out to dinner and dh can suck it, lol. he'll see what its like when the magical house elves aren't cleaning.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If your DH was suppose to be watching your son at that time. He should have to clean up the sons mess.

Answer by louise2 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I do not work but husband does and he will make a mess and for me to clean it up. I understand you needing time. I am home and only get out once a week to grocery shop. That is all I do for fun. I know how you feel with husband asleep. Mine will watch the girls and I come home the house a mess and he asleep on the couch. Wake up their your kids too. In answer to your question what would you have done. I would have done the same thing as you. Keep standing up for yourself.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• my husband isn't a total douche its just that every now and then-especially when he gets defensive and knows he did something wrong or something is his fault-he ends up running his mouth and saying totally ridiculous things. i just got sick of it today. i'm sorry he had to work late but if he was so tired he could have just gone to bed!
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd have been a total smart ass... I'd have cleaned the mess and with my smart ass look in my eye and smiled then said "no sweetie, that's ok, i'll get it"...then me and the kid would have left for the day and not answered a single call from him then I would have come home, acted prim and proper and that night then I'd put some ex lax in his dinner. You'd kill him with kindness and then punch him in the gut...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ohhhh i like that. ex lax.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Lol, my DH does that too. Last night I accedently fell asleep for a min and our daughter got into some lotion and he fliiped out. I had been up since 7 am cause my son had school and it was like 4 am so I was wiped, he works nights so hes awake at that time ( dd was having trouble sleeping thats why she was awake) But the thing is when our son was younger I worked and would come home to my DH asleep and the baby running around the house making a mess and he gets on me for one time ?! Sorry didn't mean to steal your post lol. I would ignore him and let him do his own thing for awhile lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Lol I would do the same thing that you are doing
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010