Rory Reid---Sins of My Father, Harry

Harry Reids son, Rory says health care law could end up hurting Nevada. Rory Reid said he believes that Obama's signature achievement could negatively affect Nevada.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-inplementation/123307-rory-reid-healthcare-reform-cc
At least his son is honest, what do you think?

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy,thank Goodness he appears to have more common sense... Of course the libs defend good ole' Harry...Common Sense? Not that man... Let's see the man makes a racist remark about Obama and gets a free pass from Democrats.. Harry isn't the only "D" lacking common sense...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well, here's him saying it. It may be a blog web site, but it has the "youtube" video clip on it. Listen and you decide. Personally, I think the man is running for gov. and he knows that siding with his dad would loose him the election. It has to be a real slap in the face for dad though.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/2010/10/08/sen-harry-reids-son-rory-in-nv-gov-debate-obamacare-politically-motivated-wont-bring-down-costs-could-hurt-nevada-video/

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It has to be a real slap in the face for dad though. You're reasoning like a non-politician. IF his goal is a successful run for governor (and he achieves that goal), I doubt his father's face will be stinging, in the end. Politicians are a different bred, that's for sure.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• That's what I said, sisteract.

Personally, I think the man is running for gov. and he knows that siding with his dad would loose him the election.

The "slap in the face" I meant was that Harry Reid has to be denied by the son so he can get elected. Son can't ride in on "daddy's coat tails". Or at least, out loud!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Said it before: all of this is speculation on both sides pretending their speculation is fact.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Rory says health care law could end up hurting Nevada

Yes, they could or they could not. Everyone has an opinion. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

I do not know the kind of relationship the 2 men have-

Op, do you take this as Rory taking a jab at his father?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• So he has a bit more common sense than his dad.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• During a televised debate, Rory Reid, the son of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), said he does not support the legal challenges against the health overhaul. Yet, he does believe that President Obama‚Äôs signature achievement could negatively affect Nevada
    **************************
    THIS is one of the paragraphs in the article. This is what he says.....
    How do you interpret this?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I didn't see anyone on this post defend anyone. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010